Velkommen, gjester
Brukernavn: Passord: Husk meg

EMNE: Pau López

Pau López 4 år 2 måneder ago #54375

• Brakar
  • Brakar's profilbilde
International Business Times skrev:
Tottenham Hotspur bid for Espanyol goalkeeper Pau Lopez as Hugo Lloris back-up

• 21-year-old starlet is likely to move to White Hart Lane.
  • La Liga side demand €5m plus the loan of Federico Fazio.
Tottenham Hotspur are in negotiations to secure the services of Espanyol goalkeeper Pau Lopez, according to Sport. The Spanish publication claims, however, that the deal will not be straightforward as Mauricio Pochettino's former side are demanding more than €5m (£4.2m, $5.6m) to part company with the player, plus the loan of defender Federico Fazio.

The 21-year-old keeper moved to the Espanyol prolific academy as a 12-year-old and progressed through the youth ranks to become number one last season following the departure of Kiko Casilla to Real Madrid.

His impressive campaign with the Catalan side was rewarded by Spanish manager Vicente Del Bosque in the summer with inclusion, alongside 10 other youngsters, in the preliminary squad ahead of the Euro 2016.

But Lopez's future at Espanyol has come under scrutiny since manager Quique Sanchez Flores secured the services of Roberto Jimenez from Olympiacos. The former Watford boss coached Jimenez during his time at Atletico Madrid and is expected to make him the first-choice keeper ahead of Lopez for the new campaign.

Sport claims that Lopez has been sounding out alternatives – and Tottenham could be his surprise destination. It claims that the under-21 Spain international has already had a formal offer to move to White Hart Lane.

Spurs already have Hugo Lloris and 32-year-old Michel Vorm for the role but Pochettino is said to consider Lopez an interesting prospect to back up the Frenchman.

The Spaniard will accept a secondary role at Tottenham as it would mean a big step up, both in salary and club profile, with Spurs competing in the Champions League this season, and he would prefer the Premier League to going on loan to a Serie A side.

Sport says, however, that the negotiations are currently stalled, though Spurs are expected to redouble the efforts in the coming days. The initial proposal of €5m has been deemed insufficient, with Espanyol demanding a higher sum and the loan of Fazio, with an option to buy the Argentinian next summer. The La Liga side confirmed weeks ago that they are interested in signing the out-of-favour Tottenham defender.

www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur-bid-...-lloris-back-1573666

- One team in London -
Du må registrere deg og logge inn for å kunne skrive i forumet.

Pau López 4 år 2 måneder ago #54397

• Bjarne
  • Bjarne's profilbilde
Spanish newspaper Marca have finally weighed into the Pau Lopez to Tottenham Hotspur rumour on Wednesday, in an interesting and considered article.

Marca explain that Pau isn’t a player Espanyol were looking to sell this summer. The club are eager to let go of several players, but the young goalkeeper certainly isn’t one of those.

Fittingly, Pau hadn’t wanted to leave either. There’d been several approaches to leave on loan with a purchase option, but Pau had decided to reject them, along with Espanyol. The next natural step was renewing Pau’s contract at the club. but then Tottenham turned up.

The combined lure of Tottenham Hotspur and Mauricio Pochettino have seen a ‘shift in the situation’, and a transfer is now being considered.

However, Pau hasn’t asked to leave and Espanyol still don’t want to sell. A move will only happen if Tottenham please Espanyol financially, and given it was reported yesterday that they’d only offered €2m, then that’s not happened yet.
AUDERE-EST-FACERE

Pau López 4 år 2 måneder ago #54481

• Brakar
  • Brakar's profilbilde
Daily Hotspur ‏@Daily_Hotspur
.@Marca expect Tottenham to complete the signing of Espanyol goalkeeper Pau Lopez very soon. #THFC
- One team in London -

Pau López 4 år 2 måneder ago #54482

• HH
  • HH's profilbilde
Virker litt merkelig at han skal stikke fra et sted han tydeligvis får spille, men veldig for å kjøpe en kar som forhåpentligvis kan danke ut Vorm som andrevalg. Vorm var god i Swansea, men i det lille han har spilt for oss har han egentlig bare bevist at han ikke er god nok etter min mening. Greit at ingen kan direkte erstatte Lloris, men spranget ned til Vorm er for stort.

Pau López 4 år 2 måneder ago #54488

• Andreas
  • Andreas's profilbilde
Slik er det vel i dei fleste klubbar. At spranget fra 1 til 2 valg er for stort.

Pau López 4 år 2 måneder ago #54490

• HH
  • HH's profilbilde
Vil påstå at det er større hos oss enn hos de fleste andre.

Arsenal: Ospina
Chelsea: Begovic
Liverpool: Mignolet
City: Caballero
Utd: Romero

Kjenner selvsagt Vorm bedre enn et par av de der, men sånn i utgangspunktet vil jeg si de er milevis bedre enn Vorm. Selv om det selvsagt er mulig at jeg ville forandret mening hvis en av de hadde spilt for oss i steden for Vorm da man alltid følger sine egne spillere litt tettere.

Reservekeeperen betyr forhåpentligvis lite, men kan plutselig bli veldig viktig også. Kjenner ikke Pau, men som sagt positiv til ideen.

Pau López 4 år 2 måneder ago #54741

• Brakar
  • Brakar's profilbilde
Cartilage Free Captain skrev:
Spanish paper claims Espanyol keeper heading to Tottenham on loan

The 21-year old Spanish keeper might be heading to White Hart Lane after all.

So remember yesterday when I said that the injury to Hugo Lloris probably meant that Pau Lopez wasn’t coming to White Hart Lane after all? Yeah, about that. Today, Spanish daily Mundo Deportivo is reporting that Spurs have agreed a deal that will bring Lopez to Tottenham this year after all, but on loan.

The paper claims that the deal includes a loan fee of €500k, and includes an option to buy at the end of the 2016-17 season of €7m. Earlier reports indicated that Spurs had made an offer to Espanyol to purchase Lopez outright for a fee of €3m that was rejected.

This is interesting, because it appears to be a “have your cake and eat it too” kind of story. Lopez is 21 and apparently very highly rated by Mauricio Pochettino and the Tottenham scouting staff, and on paper he’d appear to be an upgrade on Michel Vorm.

However, as I pointed out yesterday, the injury to Lloris complicates things. I really can’t see how they’d dump Vorm mid-stream and put their league hopes in the hands of either a new guy or Luke McGee. So I assumed the deal was DOA, or at minimum postponed.

A loan, however, would be pretty much perfect. It allows Spurs to kick the tires on Lopez for a year, work him into the team, and defers actual payment on him until the end of the season. If it appears clear that Lopez is their guy, then we might see Vorm depart next summer, or possibly even in January.

There’s also the possibility that Lopez would be a replacement for McGee instead of Vorm, but I somehow doubt that’s the case. Hugo is a world-class keeper, but it seems likely that eventually he’s going to get poached by a bigger club. To me this deal feels like one that would ready to way for Lopez to be his eventual replacement.

The usual caveats apply: Spanish media source, no real evidence, nothing announced by the clubs, etc. But if this is what it’ll take to get Lopez here this summer and still keep Vorm around to save Spurs’ butts in the Premier League in the short term, then it’s a pretty neat solution.

cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2016/8...l-pau-lopez-to-spurs

- One team in London -

Pau López 4 år 2 måneder ago #54866

• Dougie
  • Dougie's profilbilde
Veland melder på twitter at Pau Lopez setter seg på flyet til London iløpet av dagen (AS). Skal være snakk om utlån m/opsjon.
"Soldado, oh oh oh, Soldado, oh oh oh, he came from sunny Spain, to train with Harry Kane"

Pau López 4 år 2 måneder ago #54921

• Brakar
  • Brakar's profilbilde
London Evening Standard skrev:
Pau Lopez to Tottenham: Spurs agree loan deal for Espanyol goalkeeper with £6m option to buy

Tottenham have finally reached an agreement with Espanyol for Pau Lopez.

Spurs will pay £500,000 for the goalkeeper’s loan until the end of the season and have an option to sign him permanently at the end of his spell for £6million.

Lopez is expected to arrive in London this weekend to carry out a medical.

Espanyol had previously rejected three offers from Spurs for the Spain Under-21 international as they played hardball over the terms of his transfer.

Mauricio Pochettino had initially tried to sign the goalkeeper on a permanent deal for £3million, but Spurs were knocked back and reframed their offer.

Tottenham are currently without first-team goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, who suffered a hamstring injury in the opening day draw with Everton at Goodison Park.

Michel Vorm has been deputising, but Pochettino is keen to bolster his options between the posts as Spurs prepare to compete on four fronts this term following qualification for the Champions League.

www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/pau-lo...to-buy-a3329306.html
- One team in London -

Pau López 4 år 1 måned ago #55267

• Presley
  • Presley's profilbilde
Der var han i boks, men det er på lån.
Stolt bonus pappa og lykkelig gift 25 july 09

Spurs forever

People who drink light beer don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot